Loving Hearts, Helping Hands
Throughout the year there will be meetings approximately once a month of this ministry group in place of the normal Sunday morning classes. The group will work together to make the world a better place through social justice work in partnership with the Baltimore Humane Society, the Westside Men’s Shelter, and other groups. On meeting days, children and youth (K-12) may be invited to go straight to the meeting at 10:00am, instead of attending the first part of worship.
In 2017-2018, the work of the group included collecting, assembling and delivering the following:
- DVD collection and boredom buster bags for the teen and children’s floors at John’s Hopkins
- Blessing bags to hand out to homeless people in our community
- Made Valentines Day cards for the Westside Men’s shelter
- Wrapped gifts for local families that Channing sponsored for the holidays.
- Collected pet food and supplies for Baltimore Humane society.
- Participated in Howard County Clean Up. Youth cleaned up our parking lot and area surrounding Channing