The members of Channing Memorial Church, Unitarian Universalist, are committed to being the church that . . .
- Provides powerful transformative worship
- Reaches people emotionally and spiritually through the power of music
- Witnesses and embraces each other’s religious diversity
- Provides in-depth, quality Religious Education for all ages
- Serves the community around us
- Reaches out to welcome and support a diverse community
- Promotes environmental responsibility
- Grows, yet remains a supportive, caring, and intimate community that nurtures individuals and families in all life stages.
Channing is a small, open, welcoming congregation. The congregation’s founders reached back to the roots of American Unitarianism in naming their congregation after William Ellery Channing, author of the 1819 sermon that defined the faith.
Pastor Madelyn Campbell is currently serving as Interim Minister as we search for a new settled minister.
About Our Past
Read more about us:
- Channing Memorial Church History
- About Retired Reverend Susan LaMar (2003-2016)
- About Former Minister Reverend Robert Renjilian (2016-2018)
- Sermons from 2016-2018
- William Ellery Channing’s 1819 Speech on Unitarian Christianity