The All Channing Book Group meets in odd-numbered months to discuss a chosen book. We have two separate discussions of the same book to give readers an option for their schedule. Generally, we will meet on the second Thursday and the second Saturday at the 3677 Park Avenue location in Ellicott City.
Attendees do not have to sign up in advance. We ask that you read the book, or at least make a good faith effort to do so. Please bring a comment, observation or question for the group to help the group have a discussion of the book.
The Book We’re Reading Now
For June 2020: If We Can Keep It: How the Republic Collapsed and How It Might be Saved by Michael Tomasky https://smile.amazon.com/If-We-Can-Keep-Collapsed/dp/1631494082/
Date of Discussion: June 11 at 10 a.m. Details TBA, including whether it is online or at Park Avenue.
Books We’ve Read
- January 2020: Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion by Sam Harris
- November 2019: Endurance: My Year in Space, A Lifetime of Discovery by Scott Kelly
- March 2020 : The Art of Living: Peace and Freedom in the Here and Now by Thich Nhat Hanh
Possible Books for the Future
- Animal Farm or 1984 by George Orwell
- God Revised: How Religion Must Evolve in a Scientific Age by Galen Guengerich https://g.co/kgs/6NVbD8
- Nature and the Human Soul: Cultivating Wholeness and Community in a Fragmented World by Bill Plotkin
Love Your Enemies: How Decent People Can Save America from the Culture of Contempt by Arthur C. Brooks https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/39893128-love-your-enemies
Doughnut Economics: 7 Ways to Think Like a 21st Century Economist by Kate Raworth Doughnut Economics