Channing Memorial Church Unitarian Universalist, where the focus is on the question, not the answer. If you are searching for a religious community to which you can bring your whole self, and are open to being challenged spiritually, this congregation may be for you!
Join with a community whose spiritual paths call them to:
- Gather for fellowship, prayer, music, silence and a sermon during Sunday morning worship;
- Explore the meaning of the “big questions” in a complex world, such as the reconciliation of religion and science, the nature of humanity and the existence of God;
- Nurture companionship on their journeys with adult and youth conversation groups;
- Provide a stimulating religious education program for children and youth;
- Live out our Unitarian Universalist Principles
Channing's Vision: We are a church of liberal religious worship that:
- Inspires its members on their spiritual journeys,
- Derives a common spiritual center from Jewish and Christian roots while drawing inspiration from other world religions,
- Promotes religious education for all ages,
- Creates a welcoming, supporting, and caring community,
- Works together to build a better world.
“Our mission is to invite seekers into spiritual community, connect souls in mystery and wonder, and ignite compassion into action.”
Everyone is welcome at Channing Memorial Church.
Want to Learn More About Unitarian Universalism?
- Read the Unitarian Universalist Sources of Our Living Tradition
- Learn about the Unitarian Universalist Association
- Watch the "Voices of a Liberal Faith" Video
- See how it started - the Beginnings of Unitarian Universalism
Where we are:
Channing Memorial Church
3220 Corporate Court
Ellicott City, MD 21042